Harcourts Launceston have an exciting opportunity for an individual to join our Property Management Team.
About the business and the role
Harcourts Launceston is a full service real estate business located in the CBD. Our office provides Residential Property Management under a portfolio management structure. The company also has a well established and experienced sales division that assists with the growth of our properties under management. Our service area covers all suburbs of Launceston. The role of Property Officer is vitally important and provides support and assistance to the Senior Portfolio manager & Asset Manager on day to day tasks.
Job tasks and responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Portfolio Manager you will be responsible for providing ongoing support to the Property Management Team and in turn liaising with tenants and tradespeople. Following up on tenant rental arrears and lease renewals and maintaining these within appropriate levels. Conducting inspections of vacant properties and completing appropriate inspection reports. Promote the services of Harcourts Launceston.
- Provide administrative support to the PM and department supervisor as required
- Provide reception relief as required & provide sales assistance
- Assist in all facets of Property Management when and where required.
- Typing correspondence in an accurate, timely and professional manner
- To assist in helping Harcourts become the managers of new rental properties
- Answer property management phone enquiries
- assist in the maintenance of the rental list and updating the website
- Maintaining data base
- Maintaining an accurate electronic filing system
- Check tenant references and credit checks
- Assist in the management of rental Arrears & managing & preparing leases and lease renewals
- To write condition reports, perform bond refunds, arrange maintenance, contact tenants
- Manage smoke alarm compliance
- Processing invoices, assist with and at times manage end & mid-month roll over
- Assisting the Property Management team with administration tasks as required
- Rental Arrears / Filing
- Conduct and actively record condition reports when scheduled
- Ability to take accurate photo recordings of property details
- Assist in debt collection through following office procedures
- Attend and actively participate in team meetings and any staff training
- Attend weekly Departmental meetings
- Attend and actively participate in one-on-ones with supervisor and management team
- Attend company functions as required
YOU WILL BRING:
- Strong organisational Skills
- Extremely strong and a proven record of communication between client and self
- Passion for detail
- Sense of urgency & willingness to help
- A positive attitude, we are not interested in those that see life through a negative filter!
Skills and Experience
We require a positive, mature & level headed individual, who can work calmly under pressure. The individual will be a team player and will work comfortably in a large team of approximately 15 property management staff who work in a large modern open plan office area.
If you feel you have the necessary skills for the role, please email a current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Friday 30th November 2018.