Do you know and understand Property Owner obligations under Tasmanian Minimum Standards For Rental Properties Legislation?
With the introduction of Minimum Standards for rental properties over recent years, the Residential Tenancy Act now specifies a list of minimum requirements for rental properties in Tasmania;
- Premises to be weatherproof and structurally sound
- Good repairs
- Bathrooms and toilets to be provided and working
- Adequate cooking facilities
- Fixed source of adequate heating
- Window coverings in bedrooms and in living areas
- Adequate ventilation (at least one window in every room should be able to open, exhaust fan in rooms that do not have windows (toilets, bathrooms etc)).
Please see link below for more information and completion dates.